What to bring on safari?
We recommend you bring the items listed below however it can depend on the type of safari you have booked, please discuss with us prior to travelling as you may not need all these things.
- Small towel, toiletries, toilet paper
- Sunscreen and lipbalm
- First aid kit and insect repellent
- Flash light
- Camera with zoom lenses
- Spare film or memory card and batteries or battery pack
- Sun glasses and sun hat
- Long sleeved shirt and long trousers
- Warm sweater
What is the best time of year to visit?
Most of the parks in Tanzania are open throughout the year. Tanzania’s rainy season is from the end of March to June, some parts of some parks will be less accessible.
Some parks also become more interesting to visit in the dry season then in the wet season. Please let us know when you are planning your trip for and we will let you know the special details of that season.
I would like to meet the local people or make a cultural tour, what do you offer?
We offer cultural tours to different tribes like the Bushmen (Hadzabe), Datoga Tribe, Maasai… These can be daytrips however, if you like we can arrange an overnight stay with the Barbaig tribe for example.
Can you pick me up from Kilimanjaro, Arusha airport or shuttle bus terminal?
Po, no problem, as soon as we receive your travel itinerary, we will arrange this for you.
Can I leave luggage behind whilst on safari?
Po, you can leave some of your luggage at the hotel or at our office whilst you are on safari.
Leaving tips in Tanzania:
We follow the guidelines of the Tanzanian Tourist board and they recommend 15 të 20 USD per day per car. For climbing trips, there are other guidelines which we will send to you with your itinerary. For local guides of cultural tours or anything else, it depends on your appreciation.
What to bring on a trekking trip?
- Waterproof rucksack with day pack
- Comfortable hiking boots, light walking trainers, thongs (flip-flops)
- Gaiters (useful when encountering snow)
- Wooden walking stick / ski pole – also possible to rent –
- Sunglasses or snow – goggles, sun hat, balaclava or woollen hat
- Warm scarf, gloves, mittens and thermal underwear
- Sweaters / jumpers, anorak / raincoat, water and windproof pants, jackets, t-shirt, several pairs of socks, long sleeved shirt with collar
- Small towel, toiletries and toilet paper
- Sunscreen and lip salve
- First – aid kit and insect repellent
- Flash light (head mounted preferable) and spare batteries
- Pocket knife
- Sewing / repair kit
- Water bottle
- Whistle, some plastic bags
- Camera with spare film and batteries
- Notepad with pen/pencil
What is the best time to climb Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru or trekking in Ngorongoro Highlands?
Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru can be climbed all year around as well as Ngorongoro Crater Highland but you should always bring your rain clothes with you!